Kara's HoPE: Nighthawk Custom "T3"
Official Rules & Regulations
1. Charitable Organization: Inspired Life Centers/ Kara's Hope (Project), Inc. is a California non-profit corporation. Inspired Life Centers is a public charity under IRS Code 501 (c)3. Consult your tax professional for advice regarding your particular tax situation. Additional documentation regarding our tax exempt status shall be made available upon request. The mission of Kara’s Foundation for HoPE, Inc. is to assist and offer support to families who have children diagnosed with Holoprosencephally (HPE). Our goal is to offer supplemental support for expenses not covered by traditional medical insurance programs. Our desire is to help other families by providing funds for additional diagnostic procedures like 3D Ultrasounds, un-reimbursed travel expenses, specialized baby furniture or life support equipment and any other special needs which will allow families to care for these special babies. An additional purpose is to help develop a greater awareness of Holoprosencephaly success stories among the public and the medical community. All proceeds from donations go towards the continued operation of Kara’s Foundation for HoPE to help achieve its mission. The principal place of business for Kara’s Foundation, Inc. is 14260 W. Newberry Rd, Suite 220, Newberry, FL 32669 .
2. Eligibility: An entrant in this Custom Pistol Drawing must be 18 years of age or older to enter and be a citizen of the United States. No employees of Inspired Life Centers/Kara’s Hope, Inc. or members of its board of directors are eligible to participate in this promotion. Immediate family members of such employees or board members are also not eligible to participate. The Prize Winner must submit a signed affidavit of eligibility, photo identification and taxpayer identification number in order to claim the prize. All terms of this promotion are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and said terms shall be void wherever prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter: To participate in this promotion, a donation to Kara’s HoPE, Inc. for $25.oo per ticket is recommended. A minimum of 2000 tickets and a maximum of 3,000 tickets shall be available, however, only 2,400 tickets shall be "sold." Entrants who purchase Five tickets shall also be issued ONE additional, free ticket. Entrants who purchase Ten tickets shall also be issued TWO additional free tickets. Entrants who purchase Fifteen tickets shall be issued FIVE additional free tickets. The odds of winning for each ticket will be approximately one in 3,600 but shall vary depending upon the final number of tickets issued. Tickets are issued at random throughout the available range of tickets. Tickets are available at: www.karashope.org or by mail at: 14260 W. Newberry Rd, Suite 220, Newberry, FL 32669. Checks for donations must be made payable to Kara’s HoPE, Inc. To receive a free ticket by mail, requests must be received in writing, and must include the entrant’s name, mailing address, valid e-mail address and phone number. To be eligible, mail-in requests for these fee entries must be received by mail, no later than the 10th of June, 2013. Only one free ticket per household, via written request, is available. Free tickets must be requested in writing and may not be requested through the internet.
Internet donations may be submitted until 12:00 midnight (Pacific)
on the 2nd of July, 2013.
Tickets will be issued in the name designated by the entrant. The contestant's electronic receipt shall serve as their "ticket" and their entry shall be electronically recorded in the contest database for use in the final electronic "drawing" selection. Due to U.S. postal regulations (18 U.S.C. Section 1302), raffle ticket stubs cannot be returned by mail for purchases over the Internet, through the mail or by telephone. When an order is placed, Kara's HoPE will add the donor’s information including name, address, e-mail address and phone number, into our database. Each “ticket” will then be assigned a computer generated randomized number. The winning “ticket” shall also be selected by using a random number generator, thus creating a “double blind” selection process. The winner will be notified based on the name and contact information provided by the donor, at the time of the donation.
4. Prize: There will be only one (1) Prize. This Prize is a Nighthawk Custom "T3" 1911 Pistol, along with a custom leather holster, belt and magazine pouch set from Nighthawk Custom. The Grand Prize Package also includes 500 rounds of .45 ACP FMJ "practice" ammunition, 100 rounds of .45 acp premium defense ammunition, and a Nighthawk Custom Polo Shirt and Ball Cap (In the winner's chice of available size and color.) Kara's HoPE reserves the right to place a price limit of Kara's Hope's liability on the cost of the winner's prize package. In the event the Prize is destroyed, damaged, stolen during transit, or otherwise unavailable, for any reason whatsoever, Kara’s HoPE, Inc. may, in its sole discretion, award a substitute Prize of equivalent value, deemed not to be greater than $4,500. The source of funds for the Prize will be a charitable credit provided to Kara’s Hope.
5. Drawing: There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner for the Nighthawk Custom "T3" Grand Prize Package. The drawing will be conducted by an independent accounting firm in Gainesville, Florida on the 3rd of July, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Eastern time. Winner need not be present to win. The drawing and the awarding of the Prize will be conducted by a representative of the accounting firm, whose decisions will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. The actual drawing shall be conducted by a blind, computer automated, random selection of the “Winning Ticket”. In the event the minimum number of tickets has not been sold by the drawing date, Kara’s HoPE reserves the right to extend the date of the drawing by up to ninety (90) days and the new drawing date will be posted at: www.karashope.org In the event the drawing is extended, the prize shall be awarded at a later date as posted on the website. The extent of liability on behalf of Kara's Hope shall be limited to the amount of the donation, or ticket price.
6. General Conditions: This contest deals with a firearm as it's central prize. ALL Federal and state firearms laws will be followed in the awarding and delivery of this prize. Although participants in this contest may be a minimum of 18 years of age, the prize is a handgun that may only be transferred to a person age 21 or older. Federal law mandates that this prize be delivered to a Federally Licensed Firearms Dealer (FFL) in the winner's state of residence. The prize must be signed for by an eligible party over the age of 21. An immediate relative of the winner (father, mother, brother, sister) may complete the appropriate paperwork at the time of delivery on behalf of the relative under the age of 21. If you do not have an immediate relative willing to sign for the transfer, please do not enter. Kara's HoPE is not responsible for the winner's inability to take delivery of this prize. Winner of the prize is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes associated with the prize. The prize winner is also responsible for any and all transportation costs related to claiming and delivering the prize. If the prize winner is not in attendance at the time of the drawing, they will be notified by telephone, e-mail and U.S. Mail. In the event the winner can not be reached by these communication methods by the Fifteenth of July, 2013 and has not responded to the notification, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. No prize substitution will be offered. No purchase or contribution is necessary. To claim the Prize, the Prize Winner must provide to Kara’s HoPE, Inc., photo identification or other reasonable proof of identity to confirm the Prize Winner is the entrant named on the Winning Ticket. By entering this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions rendered by Kara’s HoPE and its representatives. By participating in this Promotion, the Prize Winner agrees to the use of his or her name, address, photograph, videotape or any likeness for advertising or publicity purposes to the extent allowed by law, and the Prize Winner consents to the use of statements made by or properly attributed to the Prize Winner relating to Kara’s HoPE. The prize Winner releases any and all rights to such use without compensation.
7. Release of Liability: All entrants expressly release, indemnify and hold harmless, Kara’s HoPE, Inc. and its affiliated, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Promotion, from any and all liability with respect to, or in any way arising from, this Promotion or acceptance and use of the Prize, including without limitation, liability for personal injury, death, damages or loss. Except as otherwise expressly provided, Kara’s HoPE, Inc. is not responsible for the Prize quality and specifically disclaims any warranties for the Prize, whether express or implied. It shall be the responsibility of the Prize Winner to place any and all claims relating to the Prize, for warranty to otherwise, directly with the manufacturer or dealership. Kara’s HoPE shall not be held responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by computer users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion. Kara’s HoPE assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, malfunction, defect, delay, theft, failure, delivery, destruction or alteration that may arise or occur in the submission, by any means (whether electronic or otherwise) , of any entry to this Promotion. The Prize Winner must sign a release and indemnification of Kara’s HoPE in order to claim the Prize. Kara’s HoPE shall not be held responsible for user cheating or fraud by any entrants. Entrants engaging in any activities that disrupt or interfere with the proper play of this Promotion, or who attempt to defraud this Promotion by engaging in any deceitful activities will be disqualified from this Promotion and will forfeit any prize won.